Pebble announced a second variant of their Pebble Time, “Pebble Time Steel” a metal version of the Pebble Time.
The watch is almost the same with the Pebble Time except for the steel casing, and of course much more classy look, just hours after the announcement Pebble Time Steel, it made a kickstarter record having over 60,000 backers and over 14 million pledge and counting. Initial goal is just $500,000 dollars.
The Pebble Time Steel does have an e-paper display and equipped with microphone for responding to notifications. Although it has a new UI the Pebble Time Steel is compatible with 6,500+ existing Pebble apps and watchfaces and works with Android 4.0 + OS.
What I like about the Pebble Time Steel is that its battery capacity, up to 10 days of battery life compared to one day only of Android Wear and 2 or 3 days of Tizen Gear 2 watch.
Here are some of the features of the new Pebble Time Steel
- Always-on, daylight readable screen with a great backlight
- Up to 7 day battery life (Time Steel battery life is up to 10 days)
- Use any standard 22mm watch band
- Water resistant and durable
- Tactile buttons for easy eyes-free clicking
- Silent vibrating alarms
- Step tracking with Misfit and Jawbone