Good News Pebble updated its firmware to 2.5, the new update got some amazing features and more support, the firmware 2.5 is now available for download, according to the company the new firmware is now loaded with support for popular emojis, it has also added magnetometer support you can now have a compass app in your Pebble, as well as wayfinding apps.
Another update to Pebble is the iOS8 compatibility with dismissing notifications; anyways this new update is great news for Pebble users as well as iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus users as their Pebble is now compatible with Apple’s latest smartphone. Check out the Release Notes for the Pebble Firmware 2.5.
Pebble Firmware 2.5 (Release Notes)
- Added support for popular emojis, with more to come!
- Added magnetometer support, enabling compass and wayfinding apps.
- Added iOS 8 compatibility: dismissing notifications from Pebble now clears them from Notification Center on devices running iOS 8.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
How to update your Pebble?
To update to the latest firmware:
- Open the Pebble smartphone app for iOS or Android.
- Select Support » Update Your Pebble in the Menu if the update does not begin automatically.